Saturday, May 12, 2007

tell the northern lights to keep shining

Late Friday night...well, actually very, very early Saturday morning. Wide awake for some reason. I can finally breathe through my nose so I really ought to be sleeping. But alas I sit here pondering things that don't need to be pondered while my air conditioner yells at me. I wish he'd keep it down over there.

I'm not even sure what to say about today. All I can say is that I live my life the best way I know how and I am continually proud, everyday, of the choices I make and the people I make them with. No one EVER said I wasn't allowed to fuck up every now and then...I AM NOT PERFECT. I make mistakes. I'm sorry I can't live up to everything that you want me to be but I don't have to. I'm learning. Right now, I'm perfect enough for me and that's all that matters. I'm done with excuses and I'm done with being someone I'm not and I'm enough. And maybe all the sweat and tears in the world will never be enough to make you see that but I see it...and i'm ok.

Commencement tomorrow...love you all. Guess that makes me a senior now.

SO not vanilla,
Yenna


That I would be good even if I did nothing
That I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
That I would be good if I got and stayed sick
That I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

That I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
That I would be good if I lose my hair and my youth
That I would be great if I was no longer queen
That I would be grand if I was not all knowing

No comments: