Friday, June 29, 2007

you stop in at my drive-through

Back in Lansdale for the remainder of the summer....



Content for the moment. Taking my time...one day at a time. I keep running into people from high school. I certainly hope I'm better than I was then. Rather than just older. I'm in a good place I think. People can tell you that you're goals are silly or that you're going to be in the same place for the rest of your life but I'm discovering that you don't have to believe them. When people tell you you're wonderful, just believe it. I think for some reason falling for someone makes every little detail matter, or rather not matter. Food tastes better, little squabbles become inconsquential, things just seem a little brighter. Yes, it feels different. But it's a good different. Even though I vacillate on a daily basis, I'm beginning to realize what I want. And need.

It's amazing how one thing can bring back everything from the past so clearly. No matter how past something you may think you are, it's impossible to not occasionally recall the pain that you felt for so long and to think it almost hurts more than it did a year ago. I used to have your face memorized...every last detail. I can't remember any of you anymore. And it's surprisingly bittersweet.

It's been a good week. Back to work tomorrow.

Reminiscing,
J

No comments: